Resolving sports law disputes through mediation
Sports law is a unique and complex area of the law. As a practitioner, Frank Ray has represented professional sports teams, organizations, and leagues, assessing individual rights on the business side of sports, and counseling appropriate decision-making on sports law matters. Frank offers the following experience in sports law:
- Serves as Legal Counsel to the Columbus Clippers AAA Professional Baseball Organization since its inception in 1976
- Serves as current Legal Counsel to the International League of Professional Baseball Clubs
- Serves as legal counsel for the business operations of former Cooper Stadium and, currently, Huntington Park, the home ballpark for the Columbus Clippers
- Litigated professional baseball franchise rights dispute in precedent-setting federal trial and appeal
- Served as trial counsel in defense of the International League in federal civil rights lawsuit brought by discharged female umpire
- Counseled NCAA in defense of claims brought in litigation by a former collegiate athlete
- Serves as Legal Counsel to Buckeye Boosters, Inc., the official boosters organization for the Athletic Department of The Ohio State University
When adversaries elect to mediate a case involving sports law, turn to the Columbus, Ohio attorney with more than 40 years of distinctive experience in sports law.
Contact an experienced Ohio sports law attorney today
When you need a mediator to assist with a sports law dispute, reach out to Frank Ray of Frank A. Ray Co., L.P.A. at 614-223-2121 or contact us online.